Sunday, January 11, 2009

What Drama in Yonder Window Breaks?

There are days like today that I really wonder if one of two things are happening: has Ashton Kutcher decided to punk little old me or has the world gone clinically mad? When I was growing up, one of my favorite shows to watch was Candid Camera. Oh my! How I laughed at the surprised looks on the faces of the duped. How I looked forward to Allan Funt coming forward and saying, "Smile, you're on Candid Camera!" In moments like the many today, I kept thinking someone had revived the show and I kept waiting for the prank to be revealed. Where are the cameras?, I wondered in those "truth is stranger than fiction moments".

One of my personal favorite sayings of my own making is "When life hands you lemons, cut 'em up, stick 'em in a Corona and make the best of the moment at hand". But even me, Pollyanna, Suzie Sunshine, Silver lining and all that crap.....even the smile on my face cracks in the face of unrelenting melodrama. Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part, said Garfield...the cat, not the President. Amen and pass the chicken!

So prevalant was the drama I was cast in today, I even said at one point that should it continue, I would need to pass out Oscars by days end. No sooner than one histrionic person would exit stage left, but another would enter stage right proclaiming, whoa-is-meisms. Still, I kept waiting for the prank to be revealed. Surely, not everyone was this Florida-dinner-theater emotional!

Then, it was revealed....twas a full moon but the night before. Ahhh, such answers to my wandering reason do appeal. But, of course, the full moon and it's instinctive control over mankind and their emotions. It was the one reason I had not considered. Seems I was punked by the best; mother nature!

No comments: