Friday, January 30, 2009

One Word

I recently came across an interesting project on WeBook where the creator ask the writer to describe themselves in one word, but then we kind of cheat a little and explain ourselves. Did you ever write something personal about yourself, say in a journal and then have an "aha" moment? That's what this exercise did for me. I know I am breaking a pattern by blogging again so soon, but what the hell. Here is my submission:

One word to describe myself: Evolving

My Story:

For some reason, when I was a kid, I thought that 26 was my magical age. I don't know why. It was not printed on a fortune cookie or anything. I just felt that 26 would be it. I would be complete and happy and well.... there.

I was wrong. I can quickly sum it up like this:

In my twenties, I was free and wild. I had it all going on, you know what I'm saying. I was ready for the world, but was the world ready for me? This is it, I thought, I don't ever want to get any older. I'm grown and loving it.

My thirties were fabulous! Not only did I still have everything going on, but now I knew what to do with it. This is it, I thought, I'm in my prime. I'm going to squeeze every last drop out of my thirties, because at 40 it's over.

My forties have been awesome! I still got it going on. I not only know what to do with it, but when to actually put it to good use. I also realize that this is NOT it. I am always evolving. Every accomplishment, every failure, every sob cried in the dark, every laugh captured by the wind forges who I will be. I cannot wait until my fifties and beyond.

So, who am I? I am evolving and loving it!

Found at www.webook.com
Project: Power of one

No comments: